Tuesday, August 6, 2024

day no. 16,724: a ticker-tape parade for the patriarchy

On this day in history my grandfather welcomed his first son into the world and on this day 39 years later that son married my mother and established the household into which I would be born 14 months later. Here's to the birth of my father and the vows of my parents, without which I would not be. These words and this gratitude is a result of their fruitfulness and God's faithfulness. He is the Father of all fathers and establishes that which is established.

Ephesians 3:14-15
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.

Psalm 90:16-17
Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children. And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

No comments:

Post a Comment