Monday, October 23, 2023

day no. 16,436: the birthdays of the birthers

1 Corinthians 11-12
Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.

In the beginning, God made man from the dirt of the ground. He then made woman from the rib of the man and since then, He has made men and women through a man and woman coming together. Seeds are sown and then grown so that every child has a father and a mother who carried him or her. 

Genesis 3:20
Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Adam is the only man without a mom. Eve did not have a mom, but she was mother of all the living.

Today, I celebrate the birth of my mom and the mother of my wife. If not for my mom, there would be no me. Without my wife's mother, there would be no her and none of those I now call son and daughter.

Someday my children will look back and celebrate the birth of their mom and know that if not for her, there would be no them.

Motherhood is a means of dominion. God, through moms, is subduing the earth and filling it with His image. His Kingdom comes and His citizenry grows.

Thank God for moms. It is a blessing to be born and on this day in history those who gave birth to me and to my family were both born. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment