Sunday, October 1, 2023

day no. 16,414: well-versed in shirk

"This pattern of fending off a threat of wounded pride through excuse-making is typical of males in sin, and yet is thoroughly unmasculine. A refusal to make excuses is right at the heart of scriptural masculinity."  Douglas Wilson, Future Men

This has been a tough lesson for me to learn. I was well-trained in the unmasculine art of making excuses. I was well-versed in the ways of shirk instead of work, but by grace of God and through faith in His Son, His Spirit is helping me take more responsibility and make fewer excuses. 

1 Timothy 4:15-16
Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them, so that your progress will be evident to all. Pay close attention to yourself and to your teaching; persevere in these things, for as you do this you will ensure salvation both for yourself and for those who hear you.

May God help my sons to see the progress He has provided for me and continues to work out in me that they may go and do likewise.

Men were made to take responsibility, not to make excuses.

Easier said than done, but rarely done if never said.

No comments:

Post a Comment