Thursday, September 9, 2021

day no. 15,662: I live, I die, in me, for me

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Our lives are defined by our use of "I" and "Me."

As per usual, we have gotten these exactly backwards. Since we are born bent we call evil, "good" and good, "evil" by default. We think of "I" the way we should think of "me" and "me" the way we ought to think of "I."

I do things.
Things happen to me.

I is a subject.
Me is an object.

I acts.
Me is acted upon.

We think we're taking action where we're being acted upon and we believe we're being acted upon precisely where we need to take action. So we use the word "I" to describe all of that for which we imagine we deserve credit and "me" to explain where someone else deserves blame. 

1 Corinthians 15:31
I die daily.

Rebirth and regeneration restore proper perspective and help us to see "me" as an opportunity to give credit to someone else and "I" to explain where I am to blame. We see we're being acted upon in our "I" and we're to take action in our "me" to forgive others.

We are to die to ourselves and live for others.

We must die to our "I's" and our “me's" and live as His "My’s” and for His "another's."

No comments:

Post a Comment