Sunday, July 25, 2021

day no. 15,616: if it weren't for you

God has given parents a peculiar ability to put their children in their places. As big as a child may grow in his britches, he can never graduate beyond saying,

I would not be alive, if it weren't for you.
I would not have survived, if it weren't for you.
I would not have thrived, if it weren't for you.

If you are ever tempted to think you have made yourself in any capacity, remember that God gave you parents, just like everybody else. If you were born on third, praise God, but don't imagine that you've hit a triple. Few things have the ability to remind me that I am nothing more than remembering everything I've been given by God through my parents. 

God picked our parents and without parents, we would be nothing. Whatever we are, we owe at least, in part, to them and what we owe to them we owe first to God: gratitude.

Acts 17:26-27
And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us

No comments:

Post a Comment