Friday, July 2, 2021

day no. 15,593: in other words

2 Corinthians 5:13
For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.

What Paul is saying is essentially, "When I think about God, I get carried away. In the privacy of my thought and prayer, I do not hold back even a little bit. I go overboard. I push the accelerator down all the way. I don't apply any brakes. I am all in and head over heels excited about the things of God. If I'm out of my mind, it's when I'm most interested in God in my mind. I am over the moon engaged in all things concerning Him... But I realize that this would be a bit much for many others. I get that everyone is not as into this as I am. So if I seem toned down, know that it is for your sake. I am holding back in order to hold your attention. I could go further and faster, but I want you to be able to keep up. I want you to pick up as much as I'm throwing down as possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment