Thursday, July 9, 2020

day no. 15,235 continued... like leaning on a sharpened stick

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding. 
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

The other day while walking and praying, God revealed to me just how often in life I have leaned upon my own understanding. I have long been in the habit of taking great comfort and finding great confidence in assuming that I understood things or could understand them if given enough time. My confidence was in my ability to see what was going on or to figure it out if I thought about it long enough.

But in recent days, I've discovered that I don't. It is humbling, but it is hopeful. Because it is a sin, it can be repented of and forgiven and because it is a promise, it is a comfort to know that there is understanding in Him in whom I am asked to trust. Straight paths and clear headedness come from Him. May God grant it as I seek through trusting Him. May He be my starting block instead of my own understanding. May I look to Him before I look within.

No comments:

Post a Comment