Tuesday, January 29, 2019

day no. 14,708: grit and gratitude

Deuteronomy 8:17-18
Beware lest you say in your heart, "My power and the might of my hand have gotten me this wealth." 18 You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth.

It is sometimes difficult to remember how you got somewhere once you have arrived. I have pulled into my driveway on more than one occasion with the thought, "I know I got home, but I don't remember making any of the turns required to get here." Success and satisfaction always come pre-packaged with the temptation to forget how the success and satisfaction were acquired. It is easy to pray to God for help and even easier to forget to thank God after the prayers have been answered.

1 Corinthians 4:7
What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it?

No comments:

Post a Comment