Thursday, January 10, 2019

day no. 14,689: benediction (the priestly blessing)

Numbers 6:24-26
24 The LORD bless you and keep you; 
25 the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; 
26 the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.


I was once again astounded by the simplicity and profundity of this short prayer of blessing and I was inspired to find ways to include it more often in my own prayers for others. In particular, I want to speak these words over my household, my wife and my children. As their pastor, I desire to see God's favor upon them, with them, in them, alive and operating, producing fruit and fruitfulness, faith and faithfulness.

I look forward to seeing what may happen and for the privilege of being responsible for the garden I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment