Friday, March 3, 2017

day no. 14,011 continued... better than you ever imagined

Penelope wrote me this note one year ago today. I keep it in my copy of My Utmost for His Highest so that I will see it every year remaining in the life God grants me. I love being a dad. It's not always rainbows, butterflies, and handwritten notes like this, but sometimes it is. And even when it's not, I would not trade places with anyone. Not that anyone is asking or anxious to have 6 kids anytime soon. But they don't know what they're missing out on. I know I'm missing out on sleeping in, more money, more time, more freedom, less messes, cleaner carpets, less laundry, smaller vehicles, and less stress, but honestly all of that means very little compared to getting to know, love and live alongside these kiddos. You may say, "I can't imagine having 6 kids," and you're probably right, it's better than you ever imagined.



No comments:

Post a Comment