Friday, October 31, 2014

day no. 13,157: broken people cannot fix us, fallen people cannot lift us up and glory-less people cannot give us glory‏

My friend, Joel Vint, sent me an email with some links to a few of his all-time favorite sermons.
 
First on his list was this:
 
 
So.Stinkin.Good!
 
I needed to hear this today.
 
I am often clamoring for the love and recognition of those around me and even myself rather than the love and recognition that comes through Christ alone.
 
Count me shallow if you will, but listen to Vassar’s questions and see if you survive them without any moment of pause.
 
In his closing prayer, he summed it up well,
 
“Broken people cannot fix us. fallen people cannot lift us up and glory-less people cannot give us glory.” ~ JR Vassar

No comments:

Post a Comment