Thursday, August 7, 2014

day no. 13,072: a prayer for my daughters

Song of Solomon 8:9-10

9 If she is a wall,
we will build on her a battlement of silver,
but if she is a door,
we will enclose her with boards of cedar.

10 I was a wall,
and my breasts were like towers;
then I was in his eyes
as one who finds peace.

There can hardly be four words more imaginably peaceful for a father of daughters to hear than "I was a wall!"

Only better are the words, "I worship and follow Jesus" a la 3 John 4.

Doors do not have discretion.

Walls provide security and selectivity.

My prayer is that my daughters would use discretion and selectivity in guarding their hearts.

My prayer is to hear them in integrity and enthusiasm pronounce, "I WAS A WALL" as I walk them down the aisle to their God-fearing, Jesus-loving, humble, servant-hearted, courageous husband.

Oh Lord, hear my prayer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment