Wednesday, May 14, 2014

day no. 12,987: dropping the 'God bomb' on a conversation‏

John 8:58-59
 
58Jesus said to them, “I assure you: Before Abraham was, I am.”
59At that, they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus was hidden and went out of the temple complex.
 
Rest assured, Jesus’ audience knew exactly what He meant. Our modern minds might not make the connection immediately however.
 
I AM is the Name God used when Moses asked, “Who should I say is sending me?”
 
I AM is God’s Name. The Trinity (or Godhead) is Named YAHWEH (or I AM).
 
Jesus’ audience asks, “You are not even 50 years old, how could you possibly know Abraham personally?”
 
Jesus’ response is to say, “Not only was I around during Abraham’s lifetime, I was around before the world was created because I am God. Abraham worshipped Me.”
 
Rather than worshipping Him, they tried to kill Him. Later, they will succeed. But not because they won, but because He chose to lay down His life.

No comments:

Post a Comment