Thursday, November 21, 2013

day no. 12,813: acts of service‏

Acts 13:38-39 (ESV)
 
38 Let it be known to you therefore, brothers, that through this man forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, 39 and by him everyone who believes is freed from everything from which you could not be freed by the law of Moses.
 
BAD NEWS: My good is not good enough to be Christlike.
GOOD NEWS: My bad is not too bad to be covered by the likes of Christ.
 
I love the Law of God.
It is a guide to know and love and respect and honor my God.
 
But I still break the Law I love.
 
And I hate that.
 
I hate that about me.
 
And sometimes I hate the Law for being so friggen' unbending.
 
But this all serves as a reminder of the necessity for me to be found in Jesus.
 
Not just yesterday when I I first believed.

But today too as I continue on in believing.

Acts 13:38-39 (NIV)
 
38 “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39 Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

No comments:

Post a Comment