Monday, November 18, 2013

day no. 12,810: empty to receive or filled to achieve?

Oswald kicked things into gear this morning when he said,

The first thing God does is forcibly remove any insincerity, pride, and vanity from my life. And the Holy Spirit reveals to me that God loved me not because I was lovable, but because it was His nature to do so. Now He commands me to show the same love to others by saying,
“. . . love one another as I have loved you” (John 15:12). He is saying,“I will bring a number of people around you whom you cannot respect, but you must exhibit My love to them, just as I have exhibited it to you.” This kind of love is not a patronizing love for the unlovable—it is His love, and it will not be evidenced in us overnight. Some of us may have tried to force it, but we were soon tired and frustrated.

You cannot force God into your heart.
You cannot will your heart to love God.

We must receive Him and His love into us.

When we labor and toil and clamor to grasp it, we end up empty-handed.

What we do with our empty hands determines everything:

Do we lift them up to receive or fill them up to achieve?

No comments:

Post a Comment