Friday, January 13, 2012

God and politics

For whom does God want me to vote?

I don't know.

I'm not sure there is an answer, or if there is, that it is my job to fleece it out per se.

There are obviously certain positions on certain topics that are more easily deciphered from Biblical principles.

Should we kill unborn children God has created? Easy peasy

Should we force Christian organizations to hire non-Christians on staff? Lemon squeezy

I don't think God is a Republican. I'm pretty sure He's not a Democrat :)

That said, I do believe there is plenty of good reason to invest time and energy into thinking about the issues, the future, the candidates, and their ability to do that which you believe to be what government should do - what God has created it to do.

We the People... are subject to God (whether we vote for Him or not)

1 comment:

  1. i'm pretty sure god wants you to vote for whoever chuck norris endorses.

    ReplyDelete