Friday, July 28, 2023

day no. 16,349: God is inescapable

Psalm 139:1-8
O LORD, you have searched me and known me!  You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!

You cannot get away from God.
You cannot get up earlier than God
You cannot stay up later than Him
You cannot flee from His presence 
You cannot escape His concern.
You cannot outrun His care.
You cannot cold shoulder Him to the point of indifference 
You cannot ascend higher than His level of interest.
You cannot descend lower than His attention span.

There is nowhere to go where He isn't early, after, before, behind, above, below, etc...

He is always there.
Anywhere is here or there to Him.
He is always here.
Anywhere is here to Him.
Everywhere is near to Him.
Nowhere is outside His attention.
No one can escape His affection.

God is infinite.
He is never finished.
Any direction you go, you cannot get ahead of God.
There are no finish lines to be found in Him.
He is inexhaustible and indefatigable in ever direction.
He never runs out or gives way.
He has no beginning.
He has no end. 

God is inescapable.
It is not a matter of if you'll meet Him, but how?
You've never lived a second outside His notice.
And you never will.
Again, the question isn't, if He'll see you.
The questions are how do you see Him?
And what will He see in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment