Thursday, May 20, 2021

day no. 15,550: the worst ice cream we will ever taste

1 Corinthians 2:9
But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him"

I have cultivated the tradition of having ice cream on Friday nights after we eat pizza. While we enjoy it, I read Deuteronomy 6:1-15 and remind my children that the promised land was a land overflowing with milk and honey and that where you have dairy and sugar, you have ice cream! And where you have milk and honey, you have cows and bees and flowers and beauty and goodness in endless measure world without end and amen!

I also remind them then that if this is how good ice cream in a fallen world tastes, imagine how good ice cream in the new earth will be? How good will God's ice cream taste? I can't wait.

In other words, the ice cream we so enjoy on Friday nights is the worst ice cream we will ever taste. Where we're going it is only gets better.

Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment