Thursday, October 24, 2019

day no. 14,976: the best of times, the worst of times

Ephesians 5:15-17
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Today, I begin my 42nd march around the sun. 41 years ago today, I was at this exact place in the universe. I occupied the same floating space on the black highway the earth annually travels. Today, I pass by my "I was here" scratches on the bathroom stall of this world.

In other words, today, it is my 41st birthday. 41 years ago on this day, I entered for the first time into the atmosphere of the world outside of my mother's womb. I was 2 weeks overdue which means by the math I have found available on-line, my conception date was likely somewhere around January 15 - January 25. The due date would have been calculated to be around October 10, 1978, but in going overdue, I was born on this day, October 24, 1978.

The precise date of my actual conception and beginning of my life here on earth may then be a mystery to me, but the point and purpose of my life here on earth this very day is not.

Today is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. I've had a good time with the time God has given me, but I'm not living for a good time, I'm living for a godly legacy.

Anyone can blow through a bank account's worth of cash without blinking. But only a wise man can invest it, spend it wisely and see a growing account as a result. 

We are born with a bank account of days credited to our account. Every day we spend one. We cannot save yesterday and have two tomorrows as a result. We must spend our day, each and every day. We cannot buy more at the end or subtract those from behind. Each and every day must be spent somehow, somewhere, on someone or something.

Our days are either being blown through or invested. They are either evaporating or pooling up into something. You can spill by accident, but you pour on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment