Wednesday, December 5, 2018

day no. 14,653: a decade of Atticus

Atticus Jacob Rhyne Van Voorst. You are 10 years old today!!!

I am so proud of you and the man you are and the man you are becoming. You are kind and generous and you look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. You are strong and confident and humble and confess your weakness. You love Jesus and justice. You want to live for God and die bravely. You want to serve your country and your local church. You want to be a dad and you are an amazing brother. You are excited to be a husband and you are a wonderful son. I love you and I like you. 

Lamentations 3:27
It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.

You are doing a great job of carrying the weight God has given you and it is encouraging to watch your shoulders grow stronger as more weight is placed upon them. You are growing in wisdom, stature and favor with God and men. Authority flows to those who take responsibility and men of God take responsibility instead of making excuses. I am so excited to see how God is going to grow you. If you are this impressive at this tender of an age, I can't wait to see the specimen of godliness and manliness He will have crafted you to be in the years to come.

I love being your dad. I love that you are my son. I rejoice that you are my brother in Christ. I look forward to serving and fighting together for years to come.


Happy birthday! Here's to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment