Wednesday, May 30, 2018

day no. 14,464: evening wolves

Habakkuk 1:8
more fierce than the evening wolves

Spurgeon introduced me to the term, "evening wolves," tonight as I sat at our kitchen table. It's fitting that I'm up again after trying to go to bed for the night bothered by thoughts about preaching, paychecks and parenting. 


Evening wolves are more voracious than their morning counterparts. They've spent the entire day unsuccessfully satisfying their hunger pangs and are now facing the prospect of a long night full of a growling belly.


After a day of difficulties, failure, relational strife, financial set backs, etc... the night gives rise to the evening wolves. Thoughts and emotions set to devour and consume.


God grant me the patience to lovingly discipline and instruct my children, the paycheck to provide for my growing tribe and the perseverance to preach in Your power by Your Spirit as You provide opportunity and ability. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment