Friday, September 22, 2017

day no. 14,214: hot wives and cold feet

Genesis 26:4-5, 7
"I will multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and will give to your offspring all these lands. And in your offspring all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, 5 because Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my law." …7 When the men of the place asked him about his wife, he said, “She is my sister,” for he feared to say, “My wife,” thinking, “lest the men of the place should kill me because of Rebekah,” because she was attractive in appearance.

Isaac did not fall far from the tree. He inherited the blessing of his father Abraham and his bad habits to boot. Abraham and Isaac both had hot wives, cold feet and covenant from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment