Sunday, June 21, 2015

day no. 13,390: dad's day

Today is a day for dad's.

I am not great at anything in particular, but of the things that I am ok at, being a dad is one of them and it has nothing to do with me.

It doesn't come naturally, it comes supernaturally.

It had me thinking about the last few verses of the entire Old Testament.

Malachi 4:5-6

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”
God has turned my heart to my children and by His grace I pray they reciprocate and have hearts turned towards me.  I fully intend to leverage any and every ounce of love they have for me to point them to the only Father God who lovingly provides for and patiently endures us.
God has done the work and I want my kids to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment