Wednesday, June 10, 2015

day no. 13,379: what you think you know about others and what you know already about yourself

"If the Spirit of God has given you a vision of what you are apart from the grace of God (and He only does it when His Spirit is at work), you know there is no criminal who is half so bad in actuality as you know yourself to be in possibility." ~ Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for His Highest"

I've done some stuff.

But I've thought of more stuff than I've done.

If it weren't for cowardice or circumstances, I'm sure I would have done more stuff than I've done and all of it further in the wrong direction than I ever dreamed I would wander.

My wife said it this way, "There are people, right now, in jail who are more innocent in what they've done compared to what I've thought of doing."

So there is a cowardice in me and a lack of opportunity in circumstances for which I owe gratitude to God as it has restrained from me much evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment