Sunday, April 29, 2012

The day we celebrate and remember the birth of Penelope Page (in other words: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISSY!!)

Today my baby girl turns 2 years old.  I am so thankful for her.  What a beautiful daughter I have been given to raise, love, cherish, nurture, and disciple. 


I pray often that my little girl would grow up to be a wall and not a door.

Let me explain:

Song of Solomon 8:9-10

9 If she is a wall,
we will build on her a battlement of silver,
but if she is a door,
we will enclose her with boards of cedar.

She

10 I was a wall,
and my breasts were like towers;
then I was in his eyes
as one who finds peace.

I will be at peace knowing you follow Jesus and stand firm as a wall.  May you allow me the privilege of being your protector and pastor until by the grace and will of God He should reveal a man worthy to pursue, woo, and win your heart and hand.  Above all else, may you worship God and if you should marry, may it be to a man who loves Jesus more than you, but you a close second.

Lil' Sissy.  May you be a wall and full of integrity as you follow and worship Jesus.  I love you so much.  You bring your daddy such joy.  I am so thankful that God made you with such personality and joy and the desire to wear boots with dresses :)

1 comment:

  1. she really is so stinking full of personality. happy birthday sis, you're beautiful in your boots!

    ReplyDelete