Sunday, April 2, 2023

day no. 16,232: set your sights on the One who sees the whole shebang

Psalm 141:8-10
But my eyes are toward you, O GOD, my Lord;
in you I seek refuge; leave me not defenseless! 
Keep me from the trap that they have laid for me
and from the snares of evildoers! 
Let the wicked fall into their own nets,
while I pass by safely.

We set our sights on the One who sees the whole shebang. The whole board is known to Him. The Lord knows the traps the enemy is attempting to set and those that are already in place. He can guide our feet around their pitfalls and help us to avoid falling prey to their designs. He can also deliver us from those into which we get ourselves entangled.

The wicked, by laying traps, rest their hopes entirely in our failing to take notice all the while failing to take notice of the One watching over their shoulders. He reads their schemes. He sees through their subterfuge. He finds them out. In trusting in deceit, they deceive themselves. Meanwhile, He can make my feet to walk unscathed through their minefields while causing it to blow up in their faces.

John 1:5
That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it.

God sees them in the dark. Who are they kidding? The cover of night provides no camouflage from Him. He can pick them out of a crowd and read their mail regardless of the encryption. You can't hide from the light. No dark can resist or overcome it. All will be exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment