Sunday, August 28, 2022

day no. 16,015: keep the party alive

 Isaiah 59:21
"And as for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD: "My Spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouth of your offspring, or out of the mouth of your children's offspring," says the LORD, "from this time forth and forevermore."

Christianity is covenantal and generational. It is meant to be embraced by grace through faith in one generation and actively handed down to the next. Included in the exhortation to receive is the command to pass along. It is not inherited merely by osmosis. It is caught and then taught to the next. And the first lesson is always to catch, keep, and teach again to the next.

In this way, the covenant remains in the hearts and on the lips of thousands of generations as God's promises continue to keep the party alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment