Wednesday, August 18, 2021

day no. 15,640: goodness follows

Psalm 23:6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Goodness follows.

If we put first things first, second things will come second. If we pursue goodness, we do not find it, but if we pursue God, we find goodness following us.

Goodness follows.


Goodness follows me as I follow God. Just as I am commanded to follow Him, He has commanded goodness to follow me. Just as I am committed to keeping after Him, so goodness and mercy are committed to keeping up with me.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Seek God first and goodness will follow; enough, in fact, to last for all the days of your life. Rest assured, if you are running hard after God, goodness is running hard after you. It can keep up, but it won't be your pacecar. It won't lead. It can't. 

Goodness follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment