Tuesday, August 17, 2021

day no. 15,639: celebrating two weeks of years

Today, Paige and I celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. My wedding day was a coronation where I was crowned husband and head of my household (Pr 12:4). On this day I inherited glory (1 Cor 11:7). I was given a personal glory to pronounce to the world that God is good and withholds no good thing from those who love Him. That was two weeks of years ago on this very day.

This also means that I have now lived 1/3 of my life as a married man. My first 14 years were spent growing a goatee. The next set of 14 found my abandoning the micro-beard and embracing Jesus. These last 14 have been defined by two covenants: my commitment to Christ and my commitment to my wife. God has used both to produce fruit. I've grown by His grace in wisdom, stature and favor over the years and have had the privilege of helping others do so as well. And in my home, He has provided me with a week of children to teach about their two dads: the one in Heaven by the blood of His Son and the one across the hall by the blood of their DNA. And if that weren’t enough, He is adding another to our numbers due this December.

So today, I celebrate the covenants that have made me and redefined my life. The first provided the foundation for the other and is the reason why 14 years into it, our house is full and beautiful rather than falling apart and ramshackle. 

Happy Vanniversary, Paige. Here's to the 14 chapters already in the books and the fun we’re surely to have writing the remainder of our story together. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment