Tuesday, May 26, 2020

day no. 15,191: no sin in the melanin

"I don’t need Jesus to forgive me for the things He did. I need Him to forgive me for the things that I did." - Douglas Wilson, Rez Zoh Looo Tion #9

Jesus chose my time, place and predicaments. He assigned my city, my parents, my epoch and my skin color. I do not need Him to forgive me for any of those. I need Him to forgive me for what I've done in my skin during my time in this city under my parent's roof.

In other words, whiteness is not a sin. Jesus made me white. White people can sin in their white skin, but there is no sin in the color of the skin itself. 

There is no sin in the melanin... or lack thereof.

To embrace a paradigm that impugns on the basis of pigment before any questions are asked is to return to a time where a man was not judged by the content of his character, but by the color of his skin, a time I thought we were all happily beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment