Monday, January 13, 2020

day no. 15,057: blessed sweat

1 Timothy 5:17
Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.

Preaching is a labor of love. It is toil. It is hard work. But it is rewarding.

Preaching is blessed sweat.

There are other ways to get to work, but it is one labor I find particularly gratifying. I don't wish it was easier. The mental sweat makes it all the more satisfying. I love the problems that come with gardening the field of a passage and pruning it back to produce more fruit. I love pulling the weeds and testing the fruit, tilling the soil, mending the fences, etc... 

Preaching is blessed sweat.

I am grateful for this season where God has given me ample opportunity to work hard for His glory, others good and my growth in the midst of it.

1 comment:

  1. daddy, I think the sweatiest work you do is running to work. I am glad that Lolo got you deodorant for Christmas. even in winter your shirt is soaked through with sweat. preaching is nothing compared (physically)

    ReplyDelete