Thursday, August 29, 2019

day no. 14,920: lolo is 6 yo!

Laurelai Rush Van Voorst, today you are 6 years old!!!

You are such a joy. You are tiny and feisty, full of life and the life of the party. You come out every morning while I am reading my Bible and my devotionals and ask me, "You know what to do, right" Which is my hint to respond and say, "Yes, I will come and get you before I leave for work and let you lock the door behind me and wave and say, "bye hello kitty to you and bye hello cat to Rocco." This confirmation received, you go back to your bedroom to play and to await my departure so that you can partake in your usual morning time routine.

At night, you always want to sit on my lap after Story Club while we watch something short as a family before bed. You always want piggy back rides up the stairs and once tucked in after praying and singing you regularly come out to inform me and your mom that, "going to sleep is hard."

You love praying and singing with Callista when she is put to bed and are distraught if you miss an opportunity to see her off to bed.

You regularly pray for everyone in the world to come to know Jesus, for all the women in the world to act like women and all the men in the world to act like men. You pray for Josiah and Meghan Blansett to get pregnant faithfully each and every night. You love to pray and take every opportunity available to pray to God on behalf of others.

You still spend a good portion of your day on the toilet. You love just hanging out on the toilet, taking your time to go the bathroom and wash your hands afterwards. You can make a regular potty break last an hour if allowed to. You dally with meals and are often the last one at the table, the last one to finish your food, the last one to get treat and the last one to brush your teeth. You are in no hurry to get those kind of things done. :) 

You have princess hair and love having it done after baths. You are a sweet girl and I love you with all my heart. I love being your dad. 

Happy sixth birthday lil' lady. I am so excited to continue to know you as you grow up. You are a blessing to our family and I am grateful that God chose us for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment