Tuesday, July 30, 2019

day no. 14,890: serve, provide, protect and procreate

Isaiah 8:189
Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders

I have often been in the habit of telling my children, in particular my boys, that God made them (men) strong so that they use their strength to serve, provide and protect. I recently came across a triad which did not utilize serve, but instead proposed provide, protect and procreate. Not only is it three "p's" but it it's three "pro's." As much as it would pain me to make a triad into a quad, I do think the procreate element is an important one that should not be neglected.

A man was made to be fruitful and to multiply. He was meant to multiply disciples of glory by means of procreation and discipleship. The original commission given to Adam was to conquer the world by filling it with the glory of God through child-rearing. The commission given by Jesus before His ascension was to conquer the world by filling it with the glory of God through disciple-making. Either way, a man should aim at reproduction. He should pursue God with all of his heart, soul, mind and strength and do his part to ensure that as many others as possible do the very same. 

Men were made to procreate. We were meant to produce fruit in keeping with the Kingdom of God.

Hebrews 2:13-14
"Behold, I and the children God has given me." Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil

No comments:

Post a Comment