Saturday, March 9, 2019

day no. 14,747: story

My friend, Kendall, sent me THIS article the other day.

It's main point of discussion was around story and arc and how the rise and fall motif is most often utilized. The article identifies SIX story lines that are often told.

1. Rags to Riches (rise)
2. Riches to Rags (fall)
3. Man in a Hole (fall then rise)
4. Icarus (rise then fall)
5. Cinderella (rise then fall then rise)
6. Oedipus (fall then rise then fall)

I love the art and science and sentiment of story, so this article was up my alley and it reminded me a short YouTube video I saw a while back.

 

The Bible is THE story. It contains every element of every important and meaningful story we have imagined. It is interesting, exciting, and most importantly, it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment