Wednesday, March 6, 2019

day no. 14,744: Finneas says, "see ya later, 6!"

Finneas,

Two nights ago I told you, "Tomorrow is your last day of being 6 ever!" You responded in classic Finneas fashion by saying, "See ya later, 6!"

I love being your dad. You make life more fun. You still like taking naps with me on Sundays and sometimes you even end up sucking your fingers while you are sleeping. You still bring your blankie with you to bed. But you are growing up and finding ways to serve. You regularly take it upon yourself to clean up your sister's room for them or volunteer to complete some task for one of your siblings in order to help them out. You understand the value of doing things for others and looking to their interests.

You and your brother Atticus are a band of brothers, spending your days fighting Nazis in the basement. You love to draw and color and you are getting really good at creatively putting your mind onto paper. You are tagging along with your bigger siblings, learning and growing in wisdom and knowledge through schooling.

You are full of energy and passion and I love that about you. Your "11" is one of my favorite things about you. True, at times, it is one of the harder things about you too, but I would rather have the problems that come with you and your "11" in my life than the problems I would have if I didn't have you. You are worth it. I would choose you every time.

I am getting glimpses of the future man within you and I am very encouraged by what I see. You have a heart that loves God and is fiercely committed to Him being able to do whatever He desires. You see His sovereignty as a non-negotiable and rightfully so, cuz it isn't!

Happy 7th Birthday, Finneas.

I can't wait to see how another year of growing in wisdom, stature and favor with God and man will develop you. You have worn 6 well. I'm excited to see what you look like in your 7 suit.

Love, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment