Friday, January 27, 2017

day no. 13,976: when the tea leaves have words on them

Exodus 4:10-13
10 But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” 11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.” 13 But he said, “Oh, my Lord, please send someone else.”

God equips those that He calls by calling them to things that are impossible without Him. They cannot do what God says without His help.

People often say when feeling conflicted or confused that they wish they could hear God's voice tell them what to do. I don't think people actually want that. Let me explain. As long as you have no clear voice from God, you are more or less free to do whatever you think is best; but if God shows up and audibly orders in precise detail what He wants you do and how He wants you to do it, now you have to either do it or disobey a direct command from God. And He often calls us to things we wouldn't choose for ourselves -- that's why He has to show up if He wants you to do something else. You weren't going to naturally do what He wanted, so He has to intervene. He interrupts your regularly scheduled programming and tells you exactly what He wants you to do and how He wants you to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment