Monday, July 6, 2015

day no. 13,405: the grace of God in not getting what you wanted

Jeremiah 2:33-35

33 “How well you direct your course
to seek love! 

So that even to wicked women
you have taught your ways.
34 Also on your skirts is found
the lifeblood of the guiltless poor;
you did not find them breaking in.
Yet in spite of all these things
35 you say, ‘I am innocent;
surely his anger has turned from me.’
Behold, I will bring you to judgment
for saying, ‘I have not sinned.’


The majority of people respond to the question, "If you died tonight would you go to Heaven or Hell?" by saying, "Heaven."

Again, the majority of people when asked why they should get to go to Heaven respond by saying, "I've tried to do the right thing, I've been a pretty good person, I'm not perfect, but I gave it my best."

Just to be clear: no, you're not and no, you haven't.

The majority of people who think that they are good people are in fact bad people, guilty of sin and under the judgment of God for things they fully anticipate Him to reward them.

No comments:

Post a Comment