Wednesday, April 22, 2015

day no. 13,330: God's friends

I read this the other day in my New Testament read through plan:
John 15:13-15
13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
What an amazing descriptor, right?
People often talk of having a relationship with Jesus.  I assume what they mean by that is a positive relationship with Him, one where they obey, He leads, they follow, He dies, they are saved, etc... 
But everyone has a relationship to Jesus.
Some are enemies, some are blasphemers, some are haters, some are ignorers.
But each and every one has a relationship with Jesus.
What an amazing thing that "friend" is even an option when it comes to the types of relationships we could possibly have with Him.
It reminded me of a man named Moses, God's friend.
Exodus 33:11
Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.
We can be God's friends because He laid down His life for us.
Because He initiated that possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment