Friday, November 14, 2014

day no. 13,171: flexing our weaknesses‏

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may reside in me. 10 So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

If you spend all of your energy attempting to hide and cover up your weaknesses, you will have no energy left to boast about God’s strength for you.

If you exhaust yourself trying to be strong, you will leave no ambition to make much of His strength for you.

Religious people trying to earn their way to God’s favor will see you and be spurred on to try even harder and be even better and BOTH of you will fall short of the grace of God by refusing to receive His power in your weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment