Monday, September 22, 2014

day no. 13,118: a stereotypical love/hate relationship‏

Romans 9:13

As it is written: I have loved Jacob, but I have hated Esau.

Where was that written again?

Read below.

Malachi 1:2-3

“I have loved you,” says the Lord.
But you ask: “How have You loved us?”
“Wasn’t Esau Jacob’s brother?” This is the Lord’s declaration. “Even so, I loved Jacob, but I hated Esau. I turned his mountains into a wasteland, and gave his inheritance to the desert jackals.”
Whoa.
What’s the deal with choosing Jacob over Esau?
Ever asked that question?
Once upon a time, a woman asked Charles Spurgeon the same thing:
“A woman once said to Mr. Spurgeon, ‘I cannot understand why God should say that He hated Esau.’ ‘That,’ Spurgeon replied, ‘is not my difficulty, madam. My trouble is to understand how God could love Jacob.’”
Well, there you go.
‘nuff said.
We tend to focus on the unfairness of being passed over by God and forget about the unfairness of being pursued by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment