Monday, September 1, 2014

day no. 13,097: wishing and wanting will not acquit

Romans 7:18

For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For the desire to do what is good is with me, but there is no ability to do it.

We cannnot consistently do the good we want to do. We want to stop swearing, stop being defensive, stop lying, stop being shy, stop overeating, start being more confident, start tithing, start serving, start loving more and we don't. We wish a lot of things about ourselves that remain merely wishes.

Romans 7:24-25

24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this dying body? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh, to the law of sin.


If it weren't for Jesus, the dilemma of wishing and wanting more for ourselves would be the death of us. We would be witnesses against ourselves in the court of goodness. We would testify that we fall short.

And there would be no solution or situation under which justice could let us go in clean conscience.

But because of Jesus Christ, justice has been fulfilled and we can go free in grace and truth before God and man.

No comments:

Post a Comment