Monday, July 28, 2014

day no. 13,062: grace for nothing and mercy for everything

Isaiah 63:7-9

7 I will recount the steadfast love of the LORD,
the praises of the LORD,
according to all that the LORD has granted us,
and the great goodness to the house of Israel
that he has granted them according to his compassion,
according to the abundance of his steadfast love.
8 For he said, “Surely they are my people,
children who will not deal falsely.”
And he became their Savior.
9 In all their affliction he was afflicted,
and the angel of his presence saved them;
in his love and in his pity he redeemed them;
he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old.


The steadfast love of the LORD is worthy of every ounce of praise I can muster, every penny I can spare, every minute I can make, every emotion I can conjure, every word I can utter, every effort I can energize.

In all our affliction, He was afflicted.

Out of His love and pity, He redeemed us.

His unfailing love for our failings.
His gracious provision for our neediness.
His great goodness for our badness.
His compassion for our selfishness.
His abundance for our poverty.
His salvation for our sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment