Monday, June 26, 2023

day no. 16,317: callista is sixta!

Happy SIXTH Birthday, Lissa Lou!

You are getting so big. You have really grown up a lot in the last few months I feel like. Your hair has grown longer, which is an answer to your prayers. It is long enough now, however, to hang in your eyes and you frequently puff it out of your giant eyes. You have begun praying more maturely lately as well. You often thank God for all the good things you have and demonstrate a growing thoughtfulness for others in remembering them in your prayers.

You love your little toy dog, Tricksy. You take her everywhere and love playing caretaker to her.  It is fun to watch you enjoy your purchase. You knew what you wanted and saved up for her and have demonstrated that you made a wise purchase by how invested in her you are.

You are looking forward to being done with regular naps. And the closer you are getting to being done with them, the less frequently you have been complaining about going down for them, which does indicate that you are ready to be done with them as a daily necessity for civility and decorum.

You are such a pretty girl. You have always had such nice skin. You have a good color and the summer sun is drawing out a nice golden tone. It complements your hair and eye color well. You are as your name implies, most lovely.

You also have a good sense of humor. You like being silly and making others laugh. You like doing your leg thing where you bend them nearly backwards. It makes me laugh every time and you are often agreeable to my requests to see it again and again. You sometimes use those legs to do your sideways crab dance, but then you let your shoulders in on the action. I love it! You are hilarious.

You have been "doing school" with the big kids using your dry erase marker your book of letters and shapes. You want to be like your big siblings and enjoy reading and listening to stories.

You taught yourself to ride a bike without training wheels once we moved to Leavenworth. You just decided and asked me to remove the training wheels. You took your bike to the top of our driveway and rolled down while you figured out the balance. It only took you a few tries and you were riding a bike.

You like wearing high heels and being girlie. So much so that mom had to enforce limits on how often you can wear them as not to misshape your growing feet and muscles. You are like your brother, Finneas, in that you have an eleven. You are extreme and have a hard time hiding whatever is going on with you. If you are happy, you are VERY happy. and when you are sad, you are VERY sad.

You are maternal as the day is long. You have always loved playing mother. I can still see you meeting and holding Juniper. It was the cutest hostage situation I've ever seen. You did NOT want to let go. Even now, you spend most evenings "fixing" mom while I tuck in the boys. You love checking on people and taking care of them and making sure that their owies and hurts are addressed and nursed back to health and comfort. 

You love me and like being my daughter. A few weeks back when I was facing off against a big black snake in our backyard, you were as scared for me as were of the snake. You were voicing your concerns as I engaged the serpent in battle. You were worried that something would happen to me. It made me want to win all the more, if only to alleviate your concerns for me.

I love being your dad, Callista and I am so grateful to God for you. I love the little lady that you are and look forward to loving the one you're becoming.

Happy SIXTH Birthday, Lissa Lou!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment