Saturday, March 11, 2023

day no. 16,210: be grateful for what you have and work for what you want

Philippians 4:12-13
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Sideways glances are often motivated by discontent and laziness. We are easily envious of those around us when we're hard to please with what surrounds us. We lust for that which we avoid the labor. We covet because we can't count our blessings. We want what others already worked for. The only cure is to be grateful for what you have and to work for what you want. This frees your eyes up to focus on God above and the good work ahead. It will spare them from sideways glances and self-indulgence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment