Tuesday, June 21, 2022

day no. 15,947: good-for-nothing loudmouths

"I should live chastely, decently, and modestly, both in thought, word, and deed, making sure that wife, daughter, and those in my household remain undefiled. Indeed, I am to help, save, and protect them and do everything that serves to maintain their honor and discipline. I am also to help make good-for-nothing loudmouths, who would rob them of their honor, remain silent. I am obligated to do all of this, God expects it of me." -- Martin Luther, A Simple Way to Pray

A dad is given the duty and honor of protecting the purity of his wife and children. And if some good-for-nothing loudmouth has anything to say about it, he should gladly help him shut his worthless pie-hole. This isn't just something fun for a dad to say in passing, but something for a dad to do in person. It is part of his sacred duty to manifest this sentiment. God expects a father to protect his household's purity. The duty to shield them from danger and to attack whatever endangers them is the glory and obligation of the patriarch.

No comments:

Post a Comment