Tuesday, November 17, 2020

day no. 15,366: all out there having it out

"What he does, he does with his might. Where he loves, he loves with his whole soul; when he hates, he hates with equal cordiality; and when he fights, he wants a clear field and nothing to do but fight.” -- J.H. Thornwell speaking about his colleague, Robert Breckenridge

I want to be like Robert Breckenridge and I want to have the kind of friends he had. I want to be the kind of man who does whatever he does with all of his might because he believes in it with all of his heart and I want friends who, if they know anything about me, know that. That is a textbook definition of assiduity. I want to be that assiduous.

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might

I want my assiduity to be fueled by my passionate persistent belief in what I am doing. I want to do my all for the glory of God Almighty and His Kingdom knowing that in Him is my everything.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

I want to hate that which would come against that which I love. True love truly hates that which would destroy the beloved. Love must come first, but hate must follow. Anyone who loves must hate.

Psalm 97:10
O you who love the LORD, hate evil! 

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is hatred of evil.

I want to fight fair and ferociously. I want to fight like I want to win, but I want to win fighting fairly by faith in God. Faith fights the good fight and it fights it squarely and fairly, straight up the middle, according to decorum, attempting to win. I want to be clear about what I'm about and what I'm against and then with it all out there, to have it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment