Monday, February 10, 2020

day no. 15,085: sleep well for somewhere violent men are awake and on our side

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

The following was the opening gambit from the featured speaker at the 244th Navy/Marine Corps Birthday Ball in Mizzou's Memorial Hall we attended earlier this evening (11/1/19)

"How are you doing today? Great. That's good. Ask me how I'm doing. How am I doing? I'm great, thanks for asking. Ask me why. Why am I so great today? I woke up in America."

Freedom is not free and the land of the free is 100% secure because 1% of its men risk their lives for our sakes. They place themselves between the thing they love and that which would threaten its existence. They do not fight fueled by hatred of everything out there, but by the love of everything we have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment