Sunday, September 9, 2018

day no. 14,566: not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit

Zechariah 4:6
Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts."

Our natural strengths are often our supernatural weaknesses, our great ability to leap our stumbling block. God is not won over by our power. He is not reached by superheros on tippy toes. If He does not come down, we can never get up. If He does not descend, we cannot rise.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Purify flesh and blood by any educational process you may select, elevate mental faculties to the highest degree of intellectual power, yet none of these can reveal Christ." - Charles H. Spurgeon

If we in our own strength confide
Our striving would be losing
"A Mighty Fortress" - Martin Luther

Humility is the mother of giants. One sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak - G.K. Chesterton

When I am weak, then am I strong,
Grace is my shield, and Christ my song.
"Let Me But Hear My Savior Say" - Isaac Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment