Thursday, November 12, 2015

day no. 13,534: ten years in the making

10 years ago today I nervously attempted to hide a bowl and washcloth in Paige's dorm room at Wartburg College. I didn't want her to catch a glimpse or a whiff of what was to come later that evening.  I got my James Bond on and she didn't see the supplies until I exited the bathroom later that evening with them prepped and ready to go.  She sat down on her dorm room futon and I sat down at her feet, bucket, water and washcloth in tow. I washed her feet and asked her if she would do me the honor of being my girlfriend and committing herself to me and the prospect of seeing if perhaps God would bless our budding love all the way to the altar. She said, "Yes!" and 10 years later we sit here in our living room with 5 little kids calling us mom and dad. 8 years of marriage and a budding legacy that began 10 years ago today on a dorm room floor in Waverly, IA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment