Monday, August 10, 2015

day no. 13,440: which is better? to do the right thing or to have the right motive?‏

Pastor Troy Nesbitt from Cornerstone Church of Ames passed this pearl of wisdom along to me to help me in training and raising my children in the Lord.

“Which is better?"

  • to do the right thing? or
  • to have the right motive?
If I do the right thing with the wrong motive, God sees my heart and, it’s still wrong. If I do the wrong thing with the right motive God sees my heart but, it’s still wrong. So I say, the goal is to do the right thing with the right motive. But it is always right to do what is right regardless of what is going on inside my heart. 

If I have a wrong motive, I should work on that.
If I do the wrong thing, I should learn what the right thing is.

So I tell my kids. If you know the right thing to do…do it. It’s always right to do what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment